Creating Your Vision
Your vision is your dream. It’s what you believe to be the ideal destination for your journey through life; how things would look if all that is important to you were completely and perfectly addressed. Vision creates meaning for us.
In this e-guide the frame is set at five years, but set it out to ten, twenty, or as many years as you feel comfortable with.
Step 1 – Discover
- What are the things you value most about yourself?
- What are the things that give you meaning?
- What valuable resources do you have?
- What is exiting about you?
- When do you feel most alive, most engaged and most interested?
- Remember a wonderful experience in your life – something that stands out as a high point
- How did you feel when this happened?
- What are the good things you remember?
- How did you get there?
- If others saw you at this moment what would be their observation about your three most valuable qualities?
- What is it that you would dearly like to become?
- If you had three wishes about what you could change, what are those wishes?
Step 2 – Dream
- Imagine you could close your eyes, open them and see in front of you, the you in five years’ time, just like you hoped, dreamed and wished you would be:
- What is happening?
- How is your world different?
- How do you look?
- How do you think you feel?
- How are you contributing to this new world?
- What is it that you are doing that is making this difference?
- What is most exciting of what you are doing?
- What are the good things people are saying about you?
Step 3 – Design
- What is important in this five year vision?
- What is it that you must do to become …?
- Who can help you become …?
- Who else should you consider?
Step 4 – Destiny
- Define your Vision
- Write it down
- Is it positive and affirmative?
- Is it what you want?
- Is it provocative?
Subscribe to our newsletter